National Cover (for Spain)
National cover will entitle you to use private hospitals and see doctors in Spain with no limits.
There are 2 options outlined below when looking at which type of national cover.
OPTION 1: NATIONAL COVERAGE WITH AN EXCESS (CO-PAYMENT)
- Co-payment is where the insured person pays towards the consultation or medical operation.
- Ideal option to keep the cost of the insurance down.
OPTION 2: NATIONAL COVERAGE WITH NO EXCESS:
- The difference from co payment cover is there is NO EXCESS, meaning you never pay towards any service, it is 100% cover.
- In both options there is a standard cover abroad for emergencies. This is usually 12,000 euros of cover internationally.
- We always advise clients to take out a Travel Insurance to supplement the national cover, meaning you a 100% covered in Spain and 100% covered abroad (the holiday abroad must be not longer than 60 days).
National cover is available if you are living in Spain 6 months a year or are living in Spain regularly throughout the year.