National Cover (for Spain)
National cover will entitle you to use private hospitals and see doctors in Spain with no limits.
There are 2 options outlined below when looking at which type of national cover.
OPTION 1: NATIONAL COVERAGE WITH AN EXCESS (CO-PAYMENT)
- Co-payment is where the insured person pays towards the consultation or medical operation.
- Ideal option to keep the cost of the insurance down.
OPTION 2: NATIONAL COVERAGE WITH NO EXCESS:
- The difference from co payment cover is there is NO EXCESS, meaning you never pay towards any service, it is 100% cover.
- In both options there is a standard cover abroad for emergencies. This is usually 12,000 euros of cover internationally.
- We always advise clients to take out a Travel Insurance to supplement the national cover, meaning you a 100% covered in Spain and 100% covered abroad (the holiday abroad must be not longer than 60 days).
National cover is available if you are living in Spain 6 months a year or are living in Spain regularly throughout the year.
Choosing a Company
The largest European insurer for International Health CoverageRead more
Sanitas are linked to Bupa and are a solid insurance company who provide excellent all round coverageRead more
Medifiatc are one of the largest Mutual companies in Spain and have been established since the 1930 's providing top notch all round health coverageRead more
Mapfre offer excellent health policies covering Spain and internationallyRead more
ALC Golbal health offer European and world wide cover, specialising in working with pre existing health conditionsRead more