Over 75 years old and not being able to get Private Medical Insurance in Spain is a common problem. Insurers cover themselves when they feel the risks are high. However there is a solution. A policy by one of the top health insurance providers in Spain offers a policy to individuals over 75 years of age. Whether you are 78, 80 or over, there is a policy which you can contract.
The policy does have its limits but is well worth considering. Especially since many individuals pay over 500 euros for Helicopteros Sanitarios ambulance service, which has absolutely no hospitalisation coverage at all.
The health policy includes the ambulance and doctor call out service but also offers a host of extras which are outlined below
– Hospitalisation when there is surgery with no limit to the number of days recovery
– While hospitalized, medication after the first 100 euros
– Covers three days in intensive care (ICU), which is very important as a bed in intensive care unit is 3 times the cost of a normal bed in hospital
– All consultations with Specialists are 100% covered with no limit from day 1 of policy
– CT scan and x-rays are covered
– Assistance in case of emergency in Spain or abroad (ambulance and call out doctor 100% covered)
– Premium stays the same on renewal. No annual increase!
Health insurance Policy allows you to plan
The three day cover in the intensive care unit will allow you or your family to plan your next step, whether it is repatriated back to home country if you have private insurance there or to go ahead with surgery in Spain where the hospitalisation and medication will be fully covered.
**Please contact us for a quote as pre-conditions for this age range affects the price and therefore quoting will be done on a case by case basis